It’s the week before Christmas and I’m laid up on the couch with a nasty bout of tonsillitis and back-to-back episodes of the US political drama House of Cards for company.
Despite the general annoyance of being unwell, I put the time off to good use by combing through the many Christmas gift guides that had found their way into my inbox to start my Christmas shopping.
I really enjoy flicking through pages of gift ideas; bright colours, pale colours, big gifts and small ones and there’s something satisfying about finding the right gift for each person.
While I didn’t actually make any purchases, or even leave my couch, I did plan some gifts I’d like to give (and others I’d like to receive … I’m looking at you, Santa!). Plus there’s still seven shopping days to go, so that’s plenty of time, right?
If you’re like me and you’ve left your shopping to the last week … here are some of my favourite things that I’m sure anyone would love to receive (although they are rather skewed to female recipients):
What’s what and where to get it:
1. Kikki K 2014 A5 Weekly Leather Diary. $39.95
2. Si by Georgio Armani. $90
3. Samantha Wills ‘Sparkle’ bangle in rose. $99
4. Country Road Turn Wheel Tote. $59.95
5. Suits DVD. $20
6. Witchery Zig Zag Beach Towel in navy/white. $59.95
7. Wheel & Barrow Drink Dispenser. $59.95
8. Tickets to the Pete Murray Feeler 10 Year Anniversary Tour at The Tivoli. $54.75
9. Kerrie Hess Illustration ‘au bon marche’. $275
10. Glasshouse Fragrances Amalfi Coast Sea Mist candle. $39.95
11. Paul Smith Cuff Links. $89.95
12. House of Cards Season 1 DVD. $37